For some reason a bird speaking Japanese is mildly off putting.
> Literal translation
Bird:” ‘Uhm Hello, this is the Ono family.”
Bird: “What’s wrong?”
Owner: “Abe-chan, you’re a little too early. Once the phone’s picked up, then properly say hello.”
Bird: “Okay, understood.”
Owner: “Do you really understand? I’m counting on you. Hello, this is the Ono family residence in Gifu.”]
Bird: “Okay, I understand!”
Owner: “Got it.”
> That’s clearly some sort of Pokemon.
> Off-putting? It’s like birds were meant to speak Japanese!
> For some reason it’s never occurred to me that birds can mimic languages other than English. It’s so cool, though!
That is insane
I HAVE A VERY BAD FEELING ABOUT THIS.
I bought a Pokemon Center Mega Absol plush a while back. It is very soft- all of it, even the claws and the fluff, is made of minky fabric. The body is stuffed fairly densely, so it stands, but the wings and some other parts are stuffed less so they are squishy.
In case you were wondering:
- The tail is not stuffed, but seems to have some batting in it that allows it to stand up.
- One of the front paws is a little skinny. I think I have seen this in other people’s pictures, and I am not sure why this happens.
- Sturdily built. Even the things stitched together, like the hair to the fluff and the fluff to the body, will probably not come apart.
- It does have another eye under the hair! And it’s just as nice as the visible eye.
- The small horn is not stuffed. It does stand up because of how small it is, and I’m not sure if you would want to stuff it.
- It is on the small side.
- All the fur on the minky fabric actually points the way it should. You can run your finger across it and it won’t feel strange.
Overall, if you like Absol and you want a plush, this is a good one. For its size, it is on the pricy side. But it is made well enough to justify much of this cost, and the rest is shipping fees.
I got my plush from shiyon-jp on ebay. Make sure your seller is from either Japan or the US before purchasing, and if the price looks too low, don’t buy it - I haven’t seen bootlegs of this plush yet, but it is possible.